My wife loves WDW and I love the great outdoors, so when I was looking to replace my car I found out about a new trend where people convert vans into campers and I was hooked.
As with any complicated project, this one will be a series of compromises that will hopefully end up with my idea of a perfect result. I'm going to go through the reasoning behind each of these choices so you can see why I made these decisions, even if you would have made a different choice.
So first I have to explain my situation, I am married with two kids and have a limited budget. The goal is to end up with something that works as an economical daily driver, a good road trip vehicle and lastly a camper.
As a starting point I used to drive a 2002 Subaru Forester which got 24 mpg highway and about 15mpg city to average about 18mpg. The replacement vehicle had to be able to perform the same basic tasks: reliable transportation and legal/comfortable seating for four adults. Due to the later requirement I started looking for a LWB Sprinter with windows for two rows of seats minimum. Lots of people cut windows into Sprinters, but that seemed to be too extensive a task for a vehicle that had to deliver me to work five days a week. I watched the web and found my target and purchased it in August of 2016.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment